February 8, 2013

Paper Floral Artistry by Balushka

When I needed a paper artist for my anniversary party/photo shoot last year, I didn't have to look any further than Texas based Balushka who makes incredible paper flowers (hope to share images soon). So when she asked me about doing a bridal show in Atlanta - I told my dear friend to catch the next plane smoking - lol! Yep, she made a love connection with Mr. David Tutera who will be working with this talented artist soon.


According to Balushka, "back when I was in fashion school my professor asked me to create a paper floral backdrop for a client's advertising campaign. It was spring break 2011 and I agreed. I had no idea how to make paper flowers. The first flower took 4 hours to  construct. I made 2 flowers to show the client and they ordered 50! (originally they were only talking about 20 flowers ). While making the flowers, I was working 18 hours days 7 days straight and realized that I wasn't tired, I was happy! So, I decided to create a business paper floral business. I decided to leave the fashion world for paper floral :).  I have a master's in Math and Economy so this helps with the business side. I started with weddings and now expanded to home decor, nurseries, offices, corporate parties, bar and bat mitzvah, birthday, etc. I do rent and sell my flowers nationwide, worldwide. I have operated Paper Floral Artistry business since July 2012".



Contact:
www.balushka.com
Balushka.etsy.com
facebook.com/paperfloralartistry
832-596-5953

1 comment:

  1. Love Balushka's flowers can't wait to see the images of your photo shoot Gail I know it's going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete