March 3, 2013

Baby Shower Design

It has been a while since I picked out baby furniture for my own children.  I have to say I was so amazed at the quality, design and vast selection of baby furniture while working on former Real Housewives of Atlanta - Kim Zolciak Biermann's baby shower a few years ago. This baby shower stretched my skills as a designer, from picking out every detail from the sheets, teddy bears and furniture.

I originally found a store for the baby suite and I picked out items that would serve a dual purpose. The baby bed served as the gift table,  the baby hutch served as the guest book table (Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes - found on clearance rack at Marshalls), a place to hold a few candles and flowers. Then I found out the color I picked "green" would not work.  I headed back to the store and picked out new baby accessories in a baby blue color.  So, think about how you can reuse items when planning your next bridal shower - the possibilities are endless.

Photo by David Christensen
Photo by David Christensen 
Photo by David Christensen
I originally picked green accessories (neutral color for a girl or boy)
Switching gears - moved on to blue 
I loved this blue baby basinette - it made the final design
This was the crib I picked but changed the green to blue

No comments:

Post a Comment